Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What is Positive Negative You May Ask?

Well hello there,
This is my first time ever "blogging"... I guess I use to have one of those livejournal things back in the day, but I'm pretty sure all I wrote about was stupid insignificant things like how much I loved Hilary Duff and other random things like that. Don't worry, this blog is not going to be about stupid insignificant things. I've really been thinking lately about writing some sort of journal or blog about the things I experience in life. I feel like I've been through so much in my short life already and that God has so much more in store for me, so why not share it with the world, right?
There are some of you out there that will get the name of this blog, there are others of you who may wonder what the name means. The name "The Positive Negatives" originally comes from my brother Nick who came up with this name for a band he wanted to start. Since Nick's death in 2006, this name has been used for many different things in memory of him. As I was thinking of a name for this blog those words "positive negative" just seemed so appropriate. As I grow older I am noticing more and more how negative this world is... all the disease, death, sin, hate, hypocrisy, selfishness. At the same time I continue to see God's beauty in this world and His faithful hand at work in my life and the life of others. That is obviously the positive side to "positive negative"... and thus the meaning behind my "finding the positives in a negative world". I plan to share stories of my past and how I've seen God in the midst of dark times. I also plan to share stories of my life now as I continue to see God do amazing things, especially as my husband, Jay, and I travel around (Jay is a Christian solo-artist) and minister to kids.
I invite you to continue reading as I share my journey and hope to inspire you to look for God's hand in your own life... even the midst of negativity, He is always there.

~Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment